This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
REVIEW OF THIS POLICY
WHO ARE WE?
Get Active is operated by London Sport (“we”, “us”, “ours”). We are a registered charity (charity number 1165100) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 08355406. Our registered office address is House of Sport, 190 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4YB.
Get Active is an online portal which provides the general public with one place to easily search and sign up for sports sessions provided by independent Session Providers.
To contact us, please email [email protected] or call 0203 848 4630.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US DIRECTLY
If you use this website, you may be asked to provide us with your personal information.
We will use this information to provide you with information about local physical activity sessions, occasionally, to send updates about the resources about activity sessions near you.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US INDIRECTLY
We, like many organisations, automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve the services we offer.
- information about your visit to this website, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
HOW AND WHEN YOU WILL HEAR FROM US
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive direct marketing communications from Get Active.
We’re committed to putting you in control of your data, so you’re free to change your marketing preferences at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us at [email protected]
We advertise on Facebook and Google as well as some other online platforms such as Instagram and YouTube. We also place adverts on other websites to promote general awareness of Get Active. We do this by:-
- Advertising on particular types of websites – for example newspapers and magazines’ websites .
- Advertising to people signed up with an online platform (such as Facebook or Google) based on what the platform knows about them.
We may use the following re-marketing processes on some or all of specific online platforms.
- ‘Look-alike’ / ‘Similar’ audiences: We send a list of ‘hashed’ email addresses to an online platform such as Facebook or Google (hashing is a security measure whereby the personal information is turned into a code).
- ‘Custom audiences’/ ‘Customer matches’: We use a similar method as above to send information about our marketing campaigns to people who have already signed up for these.
- ‘Saved’ audiences to remember which supporters on Facebook are most likely to respond to our marketing.
- Tracking people’s interactions with our adverts so that we know when an individual has clicked on an advert. This allows us to measure the effectiveness of our campaigns.
You can object to your information being used in this way by withholding permission (i.e. by remaining opted out) on our cookie preference centre when you visit our site.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
We will never sell or pass on any of your details to another organisation for them to use for their own purposes.
We may, however, use third party organisations to help deliver services on our behalf, for example Mailchimp for distributing our email newsletters.
At all times we will ensure that we look after your details responsibly – and that any organisations using your information on our behalf do the same.
HOW LONG IS YOUR INFORMATION KEPT FOR?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. We review our retention periods on a regular basis.
If you would like to know more about how long we hold your personal data for – please email us at [email protected]
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational controls are in place to protect it.
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information sent by an organisation to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow that website to recognise you when you visit.
Cookies help us to deliver a more personalised experience when you visit this website and helps us to continually improve our services. For example, cookies allow us to provide you with targeted content, allow certain website features to function properly and help us understand how well this website is working.
Some of these cookies can be enabled/disabled by selecting your preferences in the preference centre you are presented with when first interacting with this site.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This policy applies only to this website‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access those using links from this website.
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
The information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA. You should be aware that these countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your info is only accessible by appropriately trained staff, volunteers and contractors.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this website. The changes we may make will reflect our processing activities and/or any changes to data protections laws. If we make any significant changes we’ll make this clear on this website.